So, you want an album but you don’t know where to start! Don’t panic you always have to start somewhere and thats right here.
One thing to remember before you start is that the standard album regardless of physical size in inches will have 40 pages or 20 spreads. A spread is across two pages, when you think of it, its literally ‘spread’ across. If you’d like more pages they are an additional cost.
Abums can look a number of ways, so what would you like?
- A photographic run through of the day, picking images that tell a story; prep, ceremony, groups, speeches, portraits, cake cutting and first dance. You can show more images using grids of details from the morning on pages, grids of people having fun, this gives you the ability to have more photos than normal (potentially at most 80 images).
- You can use your pages to have bigger photos, a selection of your favourite Groups and Portraits, but not as many images as option 1. (50 images)
- One Shot per page as the ‘classic’ style of album. (40 images)
The options above will determine how many images you can pick for your layout. Number 1 has the most images, as I can design grids with smaller images, and then feature large portraits on other pages. Option number 3 has the least number of photos, with one per page.
When picking your album its always good to start off with the large group shot if you had one, its always good to include one as everyone is on there and can make a great two page spread.
Then group shots, do you want them? How many do you want to include? I’d always say include them as I see an album as a keepsake, it can be shown to further generations and they want to see family they may never have met.
Then go from there, depending on which option you go for will determine how many you can pick and vice versa, if you want a lot of photos then you will be advised to pick option 1.
You need to decide what size you’d like, I’ve chosen square albums as they show landscape and portrait sized images equally well. Prices can be found on my Prices page here to help you decide: https://katerichardsphotography.com/investment/
Once you’ve favourited your photos let me know they you’re ready and what size you’d like and I will start designing your album. When I have finished my first draft I will send you a PDF to look through and make sure you’re happy with the images used, the size and position of them.
Once you’re happy I’ll ask you to choose the cover, Fabric or leather and what colour you’d like.
Colour and fabric choices: https://www.folioalbums.com/learn-more/cover-materials/
I’ll ask what you’d like on the front, depending on the fabric you’ll have a choice of the below:
- Your names embossed into the material, It can look very subtle, same colour just pressed in.
- Your names print or pressed with white, black, gold or silver.
- Your names etched into the material, which can look darker as the underside of leather isn’t coloured the same as the top.